Ever been on a first date filled with awkward moments where neither of you know what to say? You’re both stylish and nicely groomed, but not too fancy. Both of you are on your best behaviors, sitting up straight… no slouching.
To fill in those moments of nervous awkwardness, you scan the room, scan the table setting, scan the menu… anything to avoid the occasional eye contact. If only you could think of something witty to say to break the silence and get the date rolling.
So, you resort small talk:
Him: Enjoying the weather?
Her: It’s okay.
Him: How’s your salad?
Her: It’s okay.
…and the silent moments return.
4 Guidelines of Dating Conversation Starters
The key to having a good date is to participate in relaxed conversation. So, here are some dating conversation tips to help you give your first date a jump start:
1. Listen More, Talk Less
Don’t talk endlessly. This can be a major turn off on a first date. You want dating communication that’s an equal and even exchange between the two of you. Ask questions, and listen attentively.
2. Take It Slow
Don’t be so overeager to dive into deep, meaningful dating conversations so quickly. Asking sensitive or personal questions could put your date on the defensive. And, that’s never a good thing on a first date.
3. Don’t Vent & Purge
A first date is not the time for venting and purging. You don’t want to create a false sense of intimacy by revealing too much about your personal life, way too soon. No one wants to spend an entire date feeling like your counselor.
4. Be Genuinely Interested
You never know… this just may be your soulmate. But, you’ll never know if you don’t take the time to discover things about the person. Make your date feel free to open up, and pay attention during the dating conversation. Ask follow-up questions to help keep the momentum going.
15 Questions to Ask on a First Date
Worried about coming up with things to talk about on a first date? Here are 15 questions to help you keep the dating conversations interesting, without stepping over any boundaries:
- What makes you laugh?
- What do you like about your best friend?
- Currently, what’s your biggest life goal?
- What are some of your pet peeves?
- What were you like when you were a kid?
- What are the stories behind any nicknames you have/had?
- Do you know what your calling in life is?
- Who has had the greatest influence over your life?
- What’s your favorite place in the whole wide world?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- How do you like to spend your Saturdays?
- What was your family life like when you were growing up?
- Who was your all-time favorite teacher?
- What do you think I should know, but would never think to ask?
- What do you dislike most when it comes to dating (so I can avoid it)?
Do you dream of someday finding your soulmate? Sugardaddie.com will help you make your dream a reality. Sugardaddie.com is a high-quality dating site for gorgeous single women and successful single men with confidence and financial security. Click the link or banner below to register for FREE today!